I got home early today and I thought maybe I can quickly whip up a simple dinner for my wife and me.
So here goes, Baked Salmon with Pan Roasted New Potatoes and a simple Salad.
OK. So it wasn’t really that simple to prepare, but I enjoyed preparing it anyway, and I did it pretty quickly too. Here’s the recipe in case you want to make your own.
Baked Salmon with Pan Roasted New Potatoes, simple Salad.
Ingredients – Serving for two
Green Pitted Olives
Fresh Rosemary (a few sprigs)
Mixed Italian Herbs
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Marinate salmon steaks lightly with black pepper, cayenne pepper, mixed Italian herbs, sea salt and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
2. Pre-heat oven (fan mode with top element) to 250 degrees. Place salmon to bake for 10 minutes when oven is sufficiently pre-heated.
3. Boil new potatoes until cooked. Discard water. Then pan roast (without oil) the new potatoes with 2 sprigs of rosemary and sea salt. When potatoes are slightly brown on the sides, add in sliced portobello mushrooms and a little of the extra virgin olive oil. Continue to cook/coat the potatoes with the olive oil.
4. Wash rocket and baby spinach and slice the buffalo mozzarella and place in a bowl, then add the green olives.
5. Once salmon is baked, plate it with salad, and potatoes/mushroom.